Thursday, June 21, 2012

3rd-Year Film Spaceship WIP Introduction

Now that I'm well into the summer, I've gotten myself busy building a spaceship for my 3rd year film.  It is a military antimatter star-tanker used to transport antimatter fuel from the production facility to a designated carrier, where it is stored and distributed to smaller military craft.



So far I have most of the dorsal (top) features modelled, and I've experimented with some textures.  So far I'm somewhat satisfied with using a regular colour map and a subtle specular map.  I've also tried out a few special effects for beams and rockets - although I don't actually plan to use the beams in the film.  The rocket flares were made using a transparent flame shaped mesh and incandescence map, with the glow turned on and source hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment